Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Bad Dad

I was giving the boy a bath last night. He likes to fill a cup with water and pour it on his belly. That's what he usually does. This time he immediately filled up a cup and poured it out of the tub and on me.

I made the boy cry because of my loud mouth for the first time last night. "No sir!!!" is what I yelled. Or screamed. Whatever word might fit best. He dropped the cup and looked at me a few seconds, then burst into tears. Wow. I felt bad. I gave him a hug and handed him the cup and after a few minutes he was back on his way.

He learned not to pour water out of the tub. I learned that I am going to screw up more times than I can count as a dad. Me punish him - yes. Me screaming - no.

I need to work on patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home